ISS SECURITIES CLASS ACTIONS, TEACHER RETIREMENT SYSTEM OF TEXAS,
AND STATE OF WISCONSIN INVESTMENT BOARD
The Role of the Investor in Securities Class Actions
In this webinar, ISS Securities Class Action Services, The Teacher Retirement System of Texas, and the State of Wisconsin Investment Board discuss perspectives and strategies on how institutional investors can navigate the class action process to effectively maximize recoveries, mitigate risk, and minimize costs. Recoveries from securities class actions can be substantial for investors and represent a return on their investment, but there are many ways to participate and each presents benefits as well as potential challenges.
Moderated by Global Head of ISS SCAS Ivar Eilertsen, our panel of legal and business experts will review and discuss the following:
- Why do investors participate in securities class actions?
- How do they participate in US actions?
- Becoming lead plaintiff, opting-out or remaining a passive class member?
- Navigating the global opt-in litigation landscape
- How should investors assess the benefits and risks of joining litigation outside the US?
- Trends and developments in 2023 and beyond
- Jarett Sena, Director of Litigation Analysis, ISS Securities Class Action Services
- J.R. Morgan, Assistant General Counsel, Senior Counsel, Investments and Head of Securities Litigation, Teacher Retirement System of Texas
- Eric Barber, Senior Legal Counsel, State of Wisconsin Investment Board
*This Event is Limited to Institutional Investors & Pension Fund Professionals Only.