In this webinar, ISS Securities Class Action Services and NERA Economic Consulting discussed for an hour in detail the case and settlement activity in 2022 and what to expect in 2023. Topics include:
- The Current Class Action Landscape & 2021-2022 Significant Settlements – Including Worley Limited and Crown Resorts
- Changing Nature of Litigation Funding – The introduction of contingency fees and the use of ‘no win no fee’ agreements
- Class Closure Orders – What ability do the parties have in controlling/determining the size of the class?
- Approaches for Investors to Manage Competing Actions – What do investors need to be aware of during this process?
- Recent Cases to Watch – Including the Rise of ESG – BHP, Westpac, and a look at ‘greenwashing’ allegations related to litigation
Jeffrey Lubitz, Executive Director, ISS Securities Class Action Services
Ben Phi, Managing Director, Phi Finney McDonald
Jarett Sena, Director of Litigation Analysis, ISS SCAS
*This event is intended for institutional investors and pension funds.