SEPTEMBER 2, 2021
- The transport sector is responsible for about a quarter of global greenhouse gas emissions and faces a range of environmental and social challenges.
- The industry is undergoing a disruptive transitional period, moving away from the internal combustion engine (ICE) and towards alternative drives.
- This transition is creating new market opportunities that are attracting new players, some of which are electric vehicle (EV) pure plays ready to bring in new solutions.
- Approximately 12% of companies in the Automobile and Auto Components industries achieve the ISS ESG Prime-rating, slightly lower than the percentage of Prime rated companies in the broader universe.
- The emissions scandal that aired in 2017 remains one of the biggest scandals in the history of the industry, and its effects are still visible on company ratings in the sector.