AMELIA ISLAND, FL. (September 19, 2019) – ISS Market Intelligence, a leading provider of research, data, and business intelligence to the global asset management community and a division of Institutional Shareholder Services, will host its annual 529 Conference from September 23 to 25 with industry leaders gathering this year at the Ritz Carlton, Amelia Island, Florida.
Key themes and topics to be explored over the course of this year’s conference include recent and potential federal and state legislative enhancements including K-12, RESA, SECURE Act and ABLE Age Adjustment Act, as well as the impact of the new FINRA Suitably Initiative and SEC’s Regulation Best Interest.
Attendees will also hear about product enhancements, including gifting strategies, new platform functionality and investment line-ups, as well as marketing developments including emerging technology, demographics, and innovation affecting the 529 industry. The conference will also feature a new and dedicated panel on employer channel trends and opportunities.
“I expect this to be one of our most insightful and timely conferences to date, coming against the backdrop of ballooning levels of student loan debt and as policy makers weigh options and put forward proposals to address the burgeoning costs of higher education,“ said Paul Curley, CFA, Director of College Savings Research at ISS Market Intelligence.
Featured speakers this year include:
- Andrea Feirstein, Managing Director, AKF Consulting Group
- Chris Stack, Esq., Managing Consultant, SavingforCollege.com
- Peg Creonte, SVP of Business Development, Government Savings, Ascensus
- Colin Brainard, Former Chief of Staff, U.S. Representative Steve Watkins
- Robert Farrington, Founder, The College Investor (https://thecollegeinvestor.com/)
- Stuart Spielman, Esq., Senior Vice President, Advocacy, Autism Speaks
- Vince Randazzo, Policy Advisor, National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS)
- Michael Morris, Executive Director, ABLE National Resource Center
More on the conference is available here.