International Filing: Participate in Opt-in Litigation in Australia, Germany and the United Kingdom
Listen to ISS’ Securities Class Action Services webinar focused on its premier service expansion to cover filings in Australia, Germany, and the U.K., highlighting the benefits and risks to participating in these opt-in markets. Andrew Cottrell, Vice-President, Securities Class Action Services, discussed the drivers behind expanding the global filing offering to include these markets, recent successes from a pilot-program in Australia, and market specific nuances that investors should be aware of when choosing to participate in opt-in litigation, including:
- Market specific growth, history, and volume of litigation in Australia, Germany, and the U.K.
- Benefits and risks associated with participating in these opt-in markets.
- Level of involvement that investors should expect when participating in opt-in litigation.
- Recent litigation in these markets about which investors should be aware.
- Unique characteristics of the filing process that investors should consider.