Global Trends in Securities Class Actions
*Please note that registration for this event is now closed.
Intercontinental Hotel, 300 West 44th St, New York City, NY 10036
Thursday, October 9, 2014
The global environment for securities class actions is evolving, presenting new recovery opportunities and challenges. The June 2010 U.S. Supreme Court ruling in Morrison v. National Australia Bank effectively prohibited investors from filing law suits within the United States concerning securities purchased on a foreign exchange, thus requiring more attention be devoted to litigation in international jurisdictions.
Join ISS and leading international practitioners in securities class actions as we discuss trends in global securities litigation, address nuances to be aware of when opting in to participate abroad and share how you and your clients can benefit from the technology, experience and expertise that ISS Securities Class Action Services delivers to maximize client recoveries.
12:30 – 1:30 PM Welcome and Networking Lunch
1:30 – 3:00 PM Panel Discussion. Topics include:
- International jurisdictions with significant litigation activity
- Differences, challenges, risks and rewards in Opt-in vs. Opt-out Markets
- Factors to take into consideration before participating in an international action
- Remedies available to harmed investors
- Changes on the horizon in international markets
3:00 – 3:30 PM Demonstration of RecoverMax Technology
Intended for compliance, operations and legal professionals at hedge funds, investment managers, mutual funds, pension funds, sovereign wealth funds and trust banks, this session will provide practical insights for pursuing investor claims across the globe.
- Jim Batson, Investment Manager, Bentham IMF Ltd
- Edouard Fremault, Partner, Deminor Recovery Services
- Alexander Reus, Founding Partner, DRRT
- Jerry Silk, Partner, Bernstein Litowitz Berger & Grossmann LLP