Wednesday, November 9, 2016
11:00 AM EST | 8:00 AM PST | 4:00 PM GMT | 5:00 PM CET
An ISS study of over 2,000 leading companies showed that 31% of short term goals and 22% of long-term goals were decreased year-over-year.
Executive pay has become increasingly complex, and performance-based pay now accounts for more than half of total CEO pay. Understanding how top managers are paid provides unique insight into the strategy, expectations and motivations of boards and management. Elements such as metric choice, goal setting, and payout structures can all have an impact on the ultimate value of the award.
While a change in goals or a change in performance metrics may be warranted from time to time, frequent changes can be a signal of broader issues in company culture or management strategy.
Join us for a live webinar on Wednesday, November 9, 2016 to learn how a detailed analysis of executive compensation targets and goals can help inform investment decisions across your U.S. portfolio. ISS’ panel of experts will share the results of a recent study on goal changes in performance awards and will highlight examples where metrics and goals changes can provide a signal of shifting management incentives and a window into potential future performance.
- Chris Caras, Executive Director, ISS Data Solutions
- Roy Saliba, Executive Director, ISS Compensation Products
- John Roe, Managing Director, ISS Analytics
Incorporate Executive Compensation into Your Investment Strategy
ISS Analytics can help you generate new and unique investment ideas and add critical perspective to your research and due diligence of companies, with a database of executive compensation and incentive data that is unmatched. Learn how you can use ISS’ differentiated data to consider all risks and opportunities across your portfolio.
ISS Resources and Recent Articles:
- Focus on Annual Incentives: Metrics, Goals, and More
- Goal Changes in Performance Awards
- Are Performance Metrics Changing Too Often?
- A Closer Look at Performance Metrics and EPS
- Are Performance Awards Paying out as Intended?
- Goal Achievement in Performance Awards
- Relative TSR: Does the Metric Have an Achilles Heel?