Careers at ISS
ISS is a subsidiary of MSCI Inc. For more information on working at MSCI and ISS, including a list of all current opportunities, please visit the MSCI careers page.
Head of West Coast Research, San Francisco
Reports to: Head of Global Research
- Responsible for West Coast proxy voting research, including analyses of publicly traded companies held by our clients, meeting with institutional investors, assisting in developing market vision and strategy for the global research team, and engaging with the governance community.
- Be the resident subject matter expert in West Coast based US companies covered by our research.
- Develop market expertise in corporate governance, investment and shareholder issues gathered through fundamental research and engagement with company executives, institutional investors, and various organizations and government/regulatory/listing authorities.
- Contribute or analyze meetings for West Coast companies.
- Lead and operate within a matrix structure of global research leaders.
Summary of essential job functions
- Assist in the preparation for and writing of analyses of West Coast based companies. Review analyses and make revisions to such analyses in collaboration with broader research team.
- Lead meetings and conference calls with corporations and shareholders to discuss high profile and contentious issues, as well as trends and results for your market.
- Monitor and track the market to keep apprised of high profile issues and trends.
- Partner with Sales team to actively pursue the marketing, selling, servicing and renewal of proxy voting research, with the objective to grow ISS business significantly.
- Be the voice of ISS West Coast region, working closely with Marketing and participating actively in public speaking and other communications activities
- Advanced degree (MBA, JD) preferred
- CFA preferred
- 10+ years experience in financial services industry, consulting or advisory work, or legal background
- Experience and knowledge of corporate governance and proxy voting issues
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Understanding of financial modeling, theory and application, transactional issues, and legal issues
- Demonstrated leadership skills in developing teams and collaborating across business lines
- Strong oral and written communication skills; long-term ability to be market- and client-facing
- Ability to work within a team oriented environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks