U.S. Company Peer Group Feedback
The following information is missing:
Please provide a complete submission.
Background and Overview
As outlined in our 2013 policy updates summary, ISS' peer group construction methodology incorporates information from companies’ self-selected pay benchmarking peer groups in order to identify and prioritize GICS industry groups beyond the subject company's own GICS classification. The methodology continues to maintain a focus on identifying companies that are reasonably similar to the subject company in terms of industry profile, size, and market capitalization. For more information on ISS' new peer selection methodology, please visit ISS' Peer Selection FAQ.
To prepare for the upcoming spring meeting season, ISS must construct peers before companies' new proxy disclosures are available. As a result, ISS will typically use company-selected peers disclosed in the prior year's proxy (i.e., for meetings in 2014, ISS will typically use peers disclosed in 2013).
We are aware, however, that some companies may have modified their peer groups since their most recent disclosure or may intend to do so as they prepare their 2014 proxy.
In an effort to ensure that the most accurate and up to date information is incorporated into our peer group selection process, ISS is offering companies an opportunity to inform us of changes to company self-selected peer groups for their 2014 proxy statement. We believe that taking this extra step of collecting updated information will help produce a better outcome for investors and issuers alike.
If you have not made or do not intend to make changes to your previously disclosed peer group, or do not wish to provide this information in advance, no action is required. When a company name is entered below, company-selected peers currently recorded by ISS will appear; if no peers appear, then ISS has no peers collected.
The form below allows you to submit your peer group. Please note the following:
- The peer group provided should be the peer group used for benchmarking CEO pay for the fiscal year ending prior to your 2014 annual meeting.
- If your annual meeting is after September 15, 2014, no action is required as ISS will conduct a separate peer submission process for these companies during the summer.
- While public disclosure of this information is not required, our expectation is that the same peers provided via this form will be disclosed in the upcoming proxy. Significant differences between submitted peers and peers in the 2014 proxy may cause ISS to re-run the peer group and may result in the company not being able to pre-submit peers in future years.
- The ISS research team will use this information only for the purpose of constructing peer groups.
- Submit your complete peer list through the lookup tool provided.
- Avoid multiple submissions per company or provision of information other than relevant peers as described above.
- Important: Following submission of the online form, you will need to confirm your submission by sending ISS an electronic copy (scanned PDF or equivalent) of the submitted list on your company’s letterhead along with your name, email address and company name, to email@example.com. The confirmation email must be from the email domain of the company contact. Detailed instructions for this confirmation step are provided online as part of the submission process.
- Feedback and confirmation letters must be submitted by 5PM EST on Monday, December 9, 2013.
- Note that, as in prior years, ISS peer groups are not finalized until our research is published.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our US Research Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.